Children's Sunday School will continue on Sunday, January 14 and 21 during the 10:30 worship service. There will be no Sunday School classes on January 28, the day of our Annual Parish Meeting.
The Women's Bible Study Group is discussing Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life by Richard Rohr (available on Amazon) on Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m. Please join us!
Ricky Daly has once again graciously offered to step in and keep the church office humming as we discern our administrative and financial needs and move forward to staff them after the first of the year. Her office hours will usually be Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday from 11:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. (although we are building in some flexibility).
Tuesday Night Suppers in the Denver News! Click HERE to read an article from The Denver Postabout the feeding ministries in the High Rockies, with special mention of Nancy French and all those who help at St. John the Baptist on Tuesday nights! And click HERE to watch the video from last Tuesday night's supper, broadcast by Fox 31 News in Denver that very night!
Do you want to ski or snowshoe with folk from SJB? Go to the home page on our parish website and click on “Outdoors.” Then click on the activity of your choice for more information! Visitors and friends are always welcome to join us!
Home Communion: Are you or a loved one home-or-hospital bound, yet would like to receive the Holy Communion? If so, please know that one of our Clergy or one of our Eucharistic Visitors (on Sundays) would be delighted to bring the Sacrament to you, as well as to your family and friends. Please contact Charlie.
In 2018 the Jubilee (mission/outreach) Committee will have a budget to oversee. Please join us in the nave (the pew area!) at noon on Sunday, January 21 to discuss guidelines for how these funds might best be used. Everyone with an interest in outreach programs is welcome! Questions? Please contact Carol Gerard.
Annual Parish Meeting:
Sunday, January 28, 11:00 a.m.
- On this day there will be only ONE service at 10:00 a.m.
- The meeting will follow in the Parish Hall at 11:00 a.m. where we'll celebrate what God has been up to within and beyond St. John's!
- The Treasurer and Vestry will present the 2018 parish budget.
- The parish will affirm these Vestry candidates: Katherine Sutherlin (Sr. Warden, first 1-year term), John Landon (Jr. Warden, second 1 year term), Terese Keil (second 3-year term), Liv Syptak (first 3-year term), and John Evans (2-year term).
- Later that day, there will be a potluck party at the rectory (571 Spotted Horse Court, Frisco). Dress comfortably, bring some food or beverages to share, and come and go as you desire between the hours of 4:00 and 8:00 p.m.
Inquirers' Class? ~ A Shoulder Season Possibility! Bishop Rob is visiting St. John's on June 10. This would be a great opportunity for those who wish to be confirmed or received into the Episcopal Church. Preparation for that spiritual step would involve participating in an Inquirers' Class. Charlie is considering the possibility of scheduling such a class after Easter. (Of course, this class would be fun if all you wanted to do was learn more about the Episcopal Church and the faith we share!) So, if you are interested or have questions, please email Charlie.